Since 1893, Johnson University has been a leader in Christian higher education. The University’s flagship campus in Knoxville, Tennessee, was established by Ashley S. Johnson as the “School of the Evangelists” primarily to train preachers. The School was later renamed “Johnson Bible College,” then “Johnson University” as the scope of the School’s offerings expanded to include additional strategic vocations to extend the kingdom of God. Johnson University Florida was founded in 1975 as Central Florida Bible College. In 1985, the College received 40 acres of land in Kissimmee as a donation from the Chapman family. A new campus was constructed on that property, and the College was renamed Florida Christian College. In July of 2013, Florida Christian College merged with Johnson University and was renamed Johnson University Florida. As part of the Johnson University System, the School remains focused on equipping individuals for Christian ministries and other strategic vocations to extend the kingdom of God. Located in a culturally diverse community just outside Orlando, Johnson University Florida maintains a close-knit family environment and high academic standards across a range of bachelor’s programs.